Sooooo…. yeah. It’s been almost 8 months since I’ve posted anything on here with any substance. Don’t judge. Don’t get your hopes up either. This isn’t a content rich post! Haha. It’s been an insane year for me, but it is finally starting to simmer a little bit instead of being at a constant, steady, rolling boil.
Christmas has been upon us since before Halloween hit the shelves in Target ’round these parts. I can’t imagine it’s much different anywhere else. It made me kind of sad, because, you know – goodbye warm weather and all. I’ve really been extra-dreading this season this year because for approximately 897,212 reasons, I hate the cold. BUT, as my husband loves to remind me, each day that passes brings us one day closer to Spring. I cannot wait for January when they put bikini’s out at Target and put the coats on clearance, despite the fact that people will still need them for 4 more months!!
Secretly though, I’ve been pretty excited about putting Christmas up this year. I have delusions of grandure that Louie & I will be spending Thanksgiving Break together (minus the 2 days I’m actually working), baking and making decorations for the tree and what-not. We’re going to make awesome little felt ornaments for her teachers and I saw a super cute tutorial this morning on how to make these glittery Christmas Trees. I’ll post photos once we do it. This proves to you that I’m losing my mind, because glitter is the devil in sparkly shoes. Sparkly, stick-to-every-single-thing-find-it-for-months-can’t-get-rid-of-it shoes. Still, I need a little sparkle in my every day life, and I also need a new center piece for my dining room table.
The tree goes up on Black Friday at my house every year, because despite the fact that the very tip-top of our tree is totally shifty and held on by a random broken pencil or some sort of metal thing shoved in the tube, I love it. It makes me happy and I love to look at it. It makes my living room feel warm and cozy. It’s awesome.
Santa started shopping for a certain 6 year old a little early this year. Poor guy always gets nailed with a gnarly bill in December, so his elves decided that they’d start in September this year. When American Girl had free shipping and Isabelle was the most hotly talked about item in our household. We will NOT discuss the fact that said 6 year old completely ditched Isabelle plans AFTER THE DOLL WAS PURCHASED AND FOUND A SPOT ON THE SHELF IN THE BACK ROOM AT MY OFFICE, and decided that no, she’d like to have Julie instead. We’re at Defcon 4 at my house, and trying in earnest to talk up Isabelle and her multi-talented, pink-hair-extension self, and downplay Julie and the (gasp) $250 trundle bed that comes with her. I can’t do it. Lou’s entire bedroom set cost me $200 (on Craig’s list) and I absolutely REFUSE to spend that much on one bed for a doll. I won’t do it. Regardless, we’re still working on gifts for her and I can’t wait to start wrapping and putting things under the tree.
Not much Black Friday stuff that I’m interested in this year. I do love me some bogo wrapping paper at Target, but I suppose we’ll be fine without that deal. I’m not going out at 6:00pm this year. There’s nothing I need and not really anything I’ve seen that I WANT, excepting perhaps some $4.50 pajamas for Lou. Plus, you know, 6:00pm. Bite me, retailers. That’s just ridiculous.
I’ve purchased precisely one thing for my husband. I have ideas for several more, but we started talking about what I wanted and he completely pooh-poohed my “please only get me gift cards” idea. He likes a list. I like a list too because then we’re not wasting anyone’s time. I like to make lists with massive price ranges because I like to take it easy on him and also I really like to be surprised when maybe one day keys to a ’67 Benz Coupe will be under the tree. Don’t judge. I LOVE those cars.
Anyhow, in the spirit of being helpful, here my Love, is my list of Christmas Wishes (in no particular order):
- A new watch. Since I mother-effed the face of mine. I want a gold one this time. Because I’m so fancy. But you already know OOh. Or also a black one. I just found this link. I love this. A lot.
- GIFT CARDS. Nordstrom, Target, Ulta, Sephora
- This fake-tan kit: I have read loads about this and seen tons of reviews. It’s amazing. Really, it’s my gift to you in a way, because then my skin won’t be see through anymore!!
- Uggs. I know you don’t love these, but I really, really do. These are the ones I want the most of all. In grey. . Size 8 please.
- Something sparkly. This will always be on the list. I extra love these earrings in all of the colors in which they come!
- Valentino Perfume. I know. I have a million perfumes. But there’s just something about a good perfume. Again, at Nordstrom, it’s this one… in case you wondered. It smells so yummy.
- I still really want that “Unless You’re God or George Strait, Take Off Your Boots” sign to hang by the front door. OOhh! And then a bench to have by the front door too so people can sit. And maybe it can be one with cubbies underneath so we can put shoes in it. Just a thought.
- A good lense for my camera that doesn’t require so much lense switching back and forth all the live-long day. Although, not especially necessary. I am capable of lense switching.
- That Rustoleum kitchen cabinet refinishing kit at Home Depot. Don’t laugh. I still really want that.
- There’s this necklace pendant that you can have made at CrackPots in Longmont. It would have yours & Lou’s fingerprints on it. You can see an example right exactly when you walk in the store. It’s at the register. You have to book an appointment for it, but I want one SO BAD. I think they are like $60 +/-. Not really sure.
- Fiestaware is always good. I want giant coffee cups in all good colors. Kohl’s or Jax are great places to scoop these up.
- A gift certificate to the Converse website for $75 so that I can custom-make those sweet Chucks I want in Navy & Orange.
- A girl could always use more makeup brushes. I need some that are good for wet applications. These ones are good.
- These earrings by Oragami Owl that I love, love, love.
- I would love to have a Le Cruset dutch oven (no fart jokes, please). You can get them for less than 1/2 price at Marshalls, but they’re still SUPER expensive. Just be advised.
- Coach things are always appreciated.
- I would also love a black leather bag by Michael Kors. Something with gold hardware. I can’t find an exact photo, but something slouchy and soft. And big. At least as big as my orange Coach bag I scored from the outlet a couple of years go. I may or may not have spilled a considerable amount of coffee in that bag. But we won’t talk about that. I’m also not opposed to fringes.
- Frye. You know the boots I love. In a 9 because you need a little extra room in a heel. Or a slouchy squishy soft black leather Frye bag. Do they even make bags? Oh man…. I just looked. They totally do. You’re in luck! I like a Campus Hobo bag in Chestnut. I’m not nuts about the rest of the line.
- I would like a living locket necklace from Origami Owl. They’re super cool. I’d like you & Lou to pick the charms. Long chain though please. I’d like it to hang about mid-boob.
- I’d love to have me a Bose Sound Cube. For rockin’ out at my desk. Because you know I’m all about that bass, ’bout that bass. (Plus my other one REFUSES to pair with my phone. Won’t do it.)
- Starbucks has this really cool coffee cup that I love so much. It’s white ceramic with a lid and down one side it has 2 rows of graphite colored pyramid spikes. It’s badass. You know, for coffee cups. Lou knows which one it is. I showed her. If you can’t find that one, they have a cool mermaid one in teals & gold. It’s my second choice. Cups are always good. Love me a good cup.
- I’d like to own one of those water bottles that has a fruit infusing tube in the center. Because they’re cool.
- I’d really extra love the Love the Skin You’re In collection by Younique. I know a girl too if you need to know where to buy that…. www.eyelovethoselashes.com. She’s AWESOME.
- I’d like blitz cards for my business. They’re expensive, but I’d like to have some. Fun wish list when you’re in your 30’s, right?
I can’t really think of anything else. Really, all that matters to me is that I wake up with you & Louie and we spend the day together with our crazy petting zoo. None of this stuff matters to me all that much. But since you asked…